Olive.tree

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

BLACK OUT!

Areas in Hougang, Clementi, Ang Mo Kio, Sengkang went pitch black around 10pm last night.

n slow Carmen still took a few sec to realise becos..

she was on d phone with a yr 1 junior explaining how to do marketing journals..well, phonelines dun get cut off.. so u dun get the instant shock unless u r watching tv or listening 2 radio

n my laptop still had light. cos it was running on its batteries & most amazingly.. i was still connected to the world!! woo hooo...

but i had to end the call abruptly cos my parents & sista was kinda making a commotion in the hse. so d cool n calm me just looked out of the window & said,"ya, its black out. everywhere no light"

I took several pictures of the cars on the streets cos my hse is super near the roads but cun really see clearly (duh..there was no lights) but basically it was to illustrate the pt there was no electricity anywhere

its at these strange moments that u start looking for the touchlight, candles & my my my family actually found them! haa... my neighbour went 2 cheers to get some candles but he said it was all sold out.. including d touchlights!

n i am def gonna get at least 3 battery operated fans sometime tis week..... it was so warm!

everyone went 2 sleep in my hse except me cos i wanted 2 die die also wait for electricity to return. n yes it did, at 1203am, power was restored!

Praise God for tat..its really in such moments that i learn 2 appreciate wad God has given us. Singaporeans r so blessed.. we just take all the electricity arnd us for granted. it shows how dependent we r on electricity too.. man really feels lost without lights n fans n aircon! we really shldnt take things for granted, man!

hope it was a good lesson for all of us..

lights out.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home