Olive.tree

Saturday, June 10, 2006

What about?

I was praying in my room just now, something about being 23... Suddenly, the thought of being 23 threw me off. We're in mid June.. means in half a year's time. I will be 24!!!!

Then you think, "what have I been doing for the past 20+ years of my life?"

Then what's gonna it be like 22 years down the road?

Let's see. 23 + 22 = 45. There r quite a few possibilities.

1) I am happily married with kids, slogging my life out 2 feed my children. Cooking the most disgusting dishes & making sure my poor husband finishes the food

2) I have a Masters' degree.. and the opposition party opposite my house(no pun intended) has finally recognised my talent & roped me in to join their party.

3) I am single and happily being a missionary in an ulu part of China

4) I have struck it rich as a blogger

5) I am unable to blog anymore because well basically I just disappeared from the face of this earth...

Of course, there are thousand and one things that could happen in my lifetime. And really, only God knows what's next for me...and for you as well. As much as we want & aim for certain things, I believe that God's plans could be much higher and further than what we think it is.

When I look at an ah pek sitting at the void deck, I wonder what kind of life he lived when he was my age. Did he ever thought he will be sitting alone at the void deck perhaps reminising about the girl he used to like? The life which he thought he will live? Did he leave his ulu kampong in Malaysia hoping for a better life in Singapore but in turn was in for greater surprises along the way???

What about you? What do you think you will be doing in 20 years time? Comment and we can look back 20 years later & see if it really happened...

6 Comments:

  • Interesting.=). 20 years down the road, ill be ard 35++. =)woah.tt's old.married?w kids?dead?
    how nice if God calls me into full time.haha.maybe as yth worker?no idea.see where God leads.=)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 AM  

  • HAHAHAHAH! hmm...20 years from now...i think i might be a teacher..with kids! hahah...kids from school that is...well..it is certain that God will be with us just like He has been for the past 20 years of my life...whatever it is...God will provide! But seriously Carmen...you...as a housewife married with kids...erm...can't quite picture that!

    Faith

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 PM  

  • Hey Carmonger, interesting topic.

    Well, i'll be a really old hag 20 years from now. I hope i'll be happily married, a mum to two kids (one boy one girl) and running my own bakery by then. But at the rate i'm going.....Lol.

    As for you, i picture you doing the missionary thingy 20 years on. Very YOU... heh.. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 PM  

  • I will be awaken, and saving the World from vampires. I am actually a vampire slayer.


    ,THEMONKEE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 PM  

  • Haha i'm not 20 yet. *wheee!* The opposition party thing was funny la! PAP already planted their faces right outside my doorstep. (those banners...)

    And erm, i think that ah pek is sitting there doing nothing. And thinking about how badly they've lost 4D or some other ah pek they quarrelled with earlier. XD!!!

    By Blogger The Ugly Pink Turtle, at 11:07 PM  

  • Oops forgot to reply ur famous "20-year question".

    20 years from now i'll be 38! Ahh...i wouldve gone backpacking, visited europe, sky-dived, bungee-jumped off blue mountains!, mastered skateboarding, designed my very own home, got another dog, watched 7 world cups, ate a thousand burgers...! Woo!

    Then again i might just rot at home watching TV. =D!

    By Blogger The Ugly Pink Turtle, at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home