Olive.tree

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Is this all we have?

Mich's dad has been discharged so thank God for that! But this afternoon, received another depressing news.

The bus uncle that fetches my church members every Sun called me that he is not fetching us this week. I thought maybe it's becos he's going overseas or something. Then after a while, he actually told me that his son committed suicide by jumping off a building. (over some marital problems)

It was a further shock knowing that his son is only 23 years old. Just one year older than me. Sigh... Feel really 心酸 when i hear all these news of young people ending their lives abruptly over relationship problems. They have so much more to achieve in their lives but they just decide to end it off...

I know it has nothing to do with me but just feel sad thinking about how their death will affect their loved ones, esp their living parents. I think that hits them the most & also their friends etc...

Really, there's no problem that cannot be solved. But of course when you're in the situation, sometimes things just look so bleak. There are so many families with problems & issues. I can never go without a week not hearing any of these sad stories.

The more i hear, the more I think God wants me to do something about it. It could be a possible sign about where He is leading me next...

2 Comments:

  • Oh dear u told Pastor? Anything we can do to help him?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 AM  

  • Yah i told Pastor.. But he was very tied down so cldnt go for wake.

    Just pray for them.. i guess. I went down this morning, talked to them. They were quite glad i went even though I dun really noe them. Yah. He signed on to airforce. We might have common friends who noe him. I suspect lar..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home