Olive.tree

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Why not journalism

Quite a number of Cmmers expressed their surprise when knowing that I wasn't majoring in journalism. I in turn, was also quite surprised by their comments.

Actually, i was quite torn between broadcast & journalism when choosing the options. I love to write & report. And having some experience in Stop Press, Lime magazine, I must say i am quite comfortable with reporting.

But I was afraid that i might lose out to the rest who had journalism experience during SIP. Besides, i always feel inferior in terms of my language proficiency.

I also felt that the experience at Mediacorp will benefit me on a greater level for the broadcast subjects.

But, I am not ruling out a possibility of working in the journalism field when i graduate. Cos' i think it's really fun to interview people and put everything together on print. And i feel there are many things that can be achieved in print that TV can't.

Well, whatever it is, I just hope 2 graduate happily from this skol, learning as much as i can before i chiong out!

XXXX

This sem really calls for multi-tasking, extreme discipline and tenacity to pull thru the sleepless nights.

As i look ahead, there are so many deadlines & projects to do. Each week, broadcast people have at least 2 assignments to complete.

But at least it's doing stuff that we like. AdTV is one of the toughest but probably the most fulfilling when we complete the project.

As for Broadcast Journalism, think sourcing the news is quite tough but the weekly news shows shld be quite fun. In a way, i am glad Darren & i are the first team. Cos kind of like get it over & done with.

Inspite of all these busyness, i think i am still gonna blog regularly. Ha. It's my way of relieving stress & speaking my thoughts aloud.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home