Olive.tree

Saturday, February 18, 2006

A blogger's thoughts

So many things are changing.

The lifestyles of Singaporeans, the choices we make in education, our careers, our interests. Basically everything.

As a Gen-Yer in Singapore, I've begun to notice the slight shift in the lifestyle & habits of Singaporeans. As I've shared with some friends before, many people are staying out later. Food joints are opened till wee hours & very soon, I believe public transport will extend their hours as well.

In terms of education, when you step into a polytechnic, they will try to tell you the advance standings that unis offer for their course instead of just emphasing the job prospects that u get. (It's true, many lecturers were telling me that as I walked around during JAE with my cousin & friend)

Every teenager I know has a mobile phone, MSN account & usually a digicam/mp3 player. Sometimes both. We go round looking like camera whores, putting our faces together 2 capture the moment of happiness in front of a camera phone/digi-cam.

Blur? Bad composition. Nevermind, delete & take again.

Even my mother has caught on the craze.

Of course, some are still denied of such priviledges. It's just tat it's rare that any teenager doesn't have a computer or internet access at home.

In the past, we will arrange appts & meet people on the dot. Say, Let's meet at 2pm at Heartland Mall Macs.

Now...
me: meet at heartland mall macs.
fren: okay, i'm leaving hse now. see who reach first
me: okay, whoever reach first finds seat.

See no timing & exact venue! If can't find.. just

fren: hey, where r u?
me: in macs, the extreme corner..
fren: oh!! I see you.. (hangs up)

oh yeah, then there's blogging. Our online journals where everyone is entitled to their own views as long as u dun get caught for defamation & sedition.

Oh man, defamation reminds me tat I've a law paper on Tues. Why am I still here talking rubbish & reflecting on the trends of the society?

Do I really think people do care about what I say?

1 Comments:

  • Which is good waat. Go study Lor. *Note: Pun intended.


    a||y.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home