Olive.tree

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Thank You Lord

I found this song somewhere in church today

Thank You Lord, for the trials that come my way
In that way, I can grow each day, as I let you lead
And I thank You Lord, for the patience that growing brings
in the process of growing, I can learn to care

But It goes again the way I am, to put my human nature down
And let the spirit take control of all I do
Cos when those trials come, my human nature shouts the thing to do
And God's soft prompting can be easily ignored.

Brought home the songsheet & started playing & singing this song after I came out of shower. It's not just the melody but rather the chorus that pricks my heart as I sang it. Been a long time since I last sang it. It was one of our favourites during our St. Nicks' days. I really think the song describes how I feel each time when I just let my human nature rule over whatever God says..

But yet, God will always lead me out of it.

I cannot take his soft prompting for granted anymore. :)

2 Comments:

  • My fav too :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 AM  

  • yeah, the lyrics are very meaningful..touches my heart each time i sing it...

    faith

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home