Olive.tree

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Inspiring characters

I ponten church today.

Okay, actually I din. I just din go to my own church but went with Mum to Kim Tian Christian Church. Thank God cos she hasn't gone for a long time & this morning, she wanted to go on her own. :)

Was feeling abit drained but the msg was good. About how to make the difference in people's life & the abundance of life is not in how long you lived but how well u lived it.

And my, I tell you. the speaker certainly lives an abundant life. He was Rev Chiang Wei Sin & even though he looked close to 90, he was full of energy when he spoke!!!

Then Rev Lau To Chan, the founder of the church shared her life testimony. It was abit long but it was amazing. Rev Lau shared how, at the age of 17, she had lungs problems and was very close to death. At that time, she was still an unbeliever. Her relative who knew about her condition shared with her the truth & asked her to keep praying these lines.

"Dear God, I know you are all-powerful. Please heal me of my illness." (Gist of it)

So she prayed that everyday & insisted on going home after some time. Her mum thought she was crazy but the doc said her days were numbered, so say it might be good for her to spend her last days at home with the family.

Miracuously, she recovered! And upon follow-ups, the doc said there was wrong nothing with her lungs anymore. In fact the doctors told her, "God has healed you." Imagine that it was during the 1930s when medical science was still not so advanced. But, she still recovered!

Rev Lau's life was set to change. She placed her trust in God & went to Bible school but along the way, she always had to deal with health problems. She was constantly sick & on brink of death on so many occasions. Yet, she knew that God wanted her to plant churches. She travelled to many places, to US, European states (Despite the fact of she can't speak a word of English), Indonesia & Singapore to continue the work of planting churches.

I was just so amazed. I think if I were her, I would have just given up and rested at home. I mean, if I was constantly sick, I will probably think that it's not God's will for me to be travelling around so much. Maybe I will just serve happily in a local church.

Her life is indeed a testimony of how God works in the life of a person, despite of her weaknesses & flaws. That God can use you not because you are talented, able to but more because He wants to.
My mum was amazed that even though she had so many health problems, she still managed to live till about 80+..though she looks rather weak now & need people to hold her as she walks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home